Looking ahead, we will wrap up this first unit next week and start into our inital geometry unit 2d shapes.
How can you help?
Please revisit the concept of regrouping (double digit addition) with your child at home. Computation skills are ongoing in our classroom and any extra practice at home will be of great benefit.
In Reading, we have been visualizing and making relevant connections during our daily read-a-louds, self selected time, and independent reading activities. We have just begun to look for proof in stories to explain our answers and to infer and predict using the text and picture clues.
Focused mini lessons on spelling patterns and strategies, punctuation placement, and the appropriate grammar usage will be ongoing throughout the year.
How Can You Help?
Continue to help your child master the correct spelling of the weekly word wall words sent home each week. As well, please ensure a nightly reading routine has been established.
1. Please return all pertinent forms that were sent home to each family during the first week of school.
2. Our tech centers will be up and running next week. Please send in a pair of head phones labelled with your child's name for in class use.
3. The children will be bringing home their home learning link on Monday. Please return it to school on Friday. Thank you.
4. September Book Orders have been sent home. Just a gentle reminder to make payments through cheque only.
5. Picture Day is Friday September 21st.
6. St. Luke School Terry Fox run will be held on Friday, September 29th during third block.
7. Login information for online learning activities (Prodigy, Zorbits, Raz Kids) will be sent home e this week. Please be on the look out for the information in your child's agenda.
8. Please read and initial your child's agenda each night and ensure any mail sent home is removed from the front pocket...thank you!
9. St. Luke Fall Food Drive starts Wednesday September 19th and runs until September 28th. Thank you in advance for all donations.