Looking ahead, we will wrap up this first unit next week and start into our inital geometry unit 2d shapes.
How can you help?
Please revisit the concept of regrouping (double digit addition) with your child at home. Computation skills are ongoing in our classroom and any extra practice at home will be of great benefit.
In Reading, we have been visualizing and making relevant connections during our daily read-a-louds, self selected time, and independent reading activities. We have just begun to look for proof in stories to explain our answers and to infer and predict using the text and picture clues.
Focused mini lessons on spelling patterns and strategies, punctuation placement, and the appropriate grammar usage will be ongoing throughout the year.
How Can You Help?
Continue to help your child master the correct spelling of the weekly word wall words sent home each week. As well, please ensure a nightly reading routine has been established.
1. Please return all pertinent forms that were sent home to each family during the first week of school.
2. Our tech centers will be up and running next week. Please send in a pair of head phones labelled with your child's name for in class use.
3. September Book Orders are due on Monday. Just a gentle reminder to make payments through cheque only.
4. Picture Day is tomorrow September 22nd.
5. St. Luke School Terry Fox run will be held on Friday, September 29th during third block.
6. Login information for online learning activities (Prodigy, Dreambox, Raz Kids) were sent home earlier this week.
7. Please read and intial your child's agenda each night and ensure any mail sent home is removed from the front pocket...thank you!
8. St. Luke Fall Food Drive starts Monday September 25th and runs until October 4th.
Thank you for your continued support.