In English we read a book called Go away green monster. We then used a frame outline to write monster stories. The boys and girls had to choose describing words (size, color, number) to complete each sentence. The final part of this activity was to piece together a monster out of construction paper. In the end, it was lots of fun and scary monsters!!
In reading with each passing week. the students continue to successfully build their sight vocabulary. Thank you for reviewing the words with your child as the home reading makes a noticeable difference in your son/daughter's progress. reading strategies such as looking at pictures, chunking, and stretching the word sounds are emphasized regularly during small group and independent reading time.
Please continue to count with your child (1''s 2''s 5''s 10's to 100 and backwards from 20 to 1). Here is a link to great video that we are using in class to improve our counting skills (https://vimeo.com/30781740).
1. Winter weather has arrived. Please ensure your child has hats. mitts etc to stay warm at recess time.
2. progress reports go home on Tuesday, November 3rd. I look forward to seeing you and discussing your child's progress at parent teacher interviews that will be held on thursday, November 5th.
3. book orders will go home on November 6th and are due november 13th. Payment by cheque only Please.
4. class work will be sent home on a regular basis. Please take the time to look through it with your child and then sign it. Please return it to school with your child the next day.
5. Thank you for helping your child create a halloween riddle at home. We had so much fun sharing them and even spent some time with Mrs. O'Callaghan's class listening to their riddles. They were "spooktacular"!!