The boys and girls continue tobe very EAGER to read. With greater regularity, they are recognizing word wall words in different texts (especially on the morning message and during independent reading time). They are also learning to sound out unknown words with the different strategies learned in class. We have many different reading levels within our Grade One community and each child is supported and challenged at his or her specific reading level. Please continue to Read and review the word wall words each night. This practice is essential towards building a confident, independent, and successful reader.
We continue to use the word wall words in a variety of activities through out week. The children build rhymers, use them in sentences (orally), put them in ABC order, and try to find them on their poems of the week. Thank you for the review you do at home with your child. Your efforts are noticeable.
Please continue to count with your child (1''s 2''s 5''s 10's to 100 and backwards from 20 to 1). Here is a link to one of the great videos that we are using in class to improve our counting skills
1. Winter weather is soon to arrive. Please ensure your child has hats. mitts etc to stay warm at recess time.
2. progress reports go home on Tuesday, November 1st. I look forward to seeing you and discussing your child's progress at parent teacher interviews that will be held on thursday, November 3rd.
3. book orders will go home on November 7th and are due november 15th. Payment by cheque only Please.
4. class work will be sent home on a regular basis. Please take the time to look through it with your child and then sign it. Please return it to school with your child the next day.
5. Thank you for helping your child create a halloween riddle at home. We are looking forward to sharing them with Mrs. O'Callaghan's class. It should be "spooktacular"! The Riddles are Due on Wednesday,October 26th.
6. School Picture retake Day will held on tuesday, November 1st. The class pictures will also be taken at this time.
Thank you for your continued support.