regular counting practice at home is a super way to improve proficiency with your child's addition and subtraction skills.
Number Talks are a regular part of our Math lessons. Ask your child about them.
Below find a link for a video example of Grade One Number Talks.
Today we had great fun writing our letters to santa. They are absolutely adorable and have been posted to the North Pole. The innocence and excitement of six and seven year olds is what Christmas is all about.
Next week we will be writing a job application to become one of Santa's elves and describing what to do if Santa got Stuck In The Chimney!!
1. The St. Luke Angel Tree is accepting donations. The generosity of our community is always evident...... but particularly so at this time of the year. Thank you!
2. December Book Orders are due december 6th.
3. Popcorn Day is each friday. The cost is two dollars.
4. Madame Tanguay and myself send work home for parents to see on a regular basis. Please return the work signed and in the bag in which it was sent for future use. The home/school connection is so very valuable for your child's continued growth and they are so proud to share their learning activities with you.
5. It might be a great idea to tuck an extra pair of socks and mitts into your child's backpack during winter months.
6. Congratulations to Ashlin, Evan, and Asham. They are our CGE monthly award winners for Dignity Of person. Bravo!