We arrived back to school in time to learn about and celebrate the Feast of Epiphany (january 6th). We discussed how the Three Wise Men visited baby Jesus and brought him special gifts -gold, frankincense, and Myrrh. The students also continue to learn about the different symbols and the significance of the changing seasons of the church. Our morning prayers now include Hail Mary and Our Father which is led by the prayer leader of the week.
1. We were very lucky to have Teagan join our class on Wednesday. A very warm St. Luke welcome to her!
2. Congratulations to Avery, Catherine, and Nollan who were our December recognition award winners and received their certificates yesterday.
5. Please ensure that your child has a pair of indoor shoes to wear. I know during the holiday some shoes went home and they are needed for gym time.
6. Please label all winter wear to avoid confusion during recess. Lots of boots and snowpants are the same and we have had some mixups this week. Thank you!!!
7. Many children have their own pencil case (which is optional and not mandatory). Please ensure that it contains only the basics......pencil, eraser, crayons, glue stick, scissors........we are asking that no markers or pencil toys be sent to school as while they are cute......... they are distracting for the children.
Thank you for your continued support.