our procedural writing activities have also been a great hit with these wee ones! The boys and girls are so proud of their finished products (how to make a snack , how to make toast). The students are definitely showing greater independence using success criteria to guide their work. Next week we will draw and then write about how to brush your teeth. Ask your child about his/her favourite "how To"activity.
We will also spend the next couple of weeks exploring data management. This strand of math is always a favorite with the kids as they can make personal connections to the survey questions and they especially enjoy predicting the results. Please continue to practice addition and subtraction facts with your child. oral computation is a great way to develop mental math skills.
2. Looking for decks of playing cards. if you have any at home that you would like to donate to our class....it would be greatly appreciated.
3. The boys and girls are encouraged to bring in any penguin stuffies and books etc for the duration of our research project. Please label them to ensure they are safely returned.
4. Please ensure your child has hats, mitts, and all the necessary outdoor wear for our Canadian winters. It might be a great idea to tuck extra socks and mitts into their bags as they can get pretty soggy by the third recess.
5. A february book order was sent home with your child last week. It is due on February 10th.
6. Report cards will be distributed on Tuesday, February 14th.
7. Pizza Days and the school Milk Program are organized and run by our parent council. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact them.
Thank you for your continued support.