Number relationships to 20 is ongoing. we continue practice showing, ordering, and comparing numbers in a variety of ways (ten frame, tally, base ten, pictures). The children love the challenge of mental math games (one more, one less) and are becoming adept at using a number line or hundreds chart to count by 2''s, 5's, and 10's. The number of the day group work is a great way to jump start each lesson and solidify their understanding of numbers 1-20. The children love this activity!
As well, The poem of the week was a great hit this week. The students are so eager to be "word detectives".....now that they are becoming familiar with some basic sight words. They used their yellow crayon this week for the first time to highlight familiar words (the, and, we).
Please reread the poem to/with your child when it comes home and practice identifying the highlighted words.
1. Picture Day on Monday October 3rd.
2. The "snuggle Up" reading program and first "word wall" list goes home on Monday, October 3rd.
3. The last day for St. Luke Food Drive is Monday, October 3rd. Thank you for your generous donations.
4. The October book order will be sent home on Monday, October 3rd. and is due on October 14th.
5. St. luke Thanksgiving Mass will be held on Tuesday, October 4th at 9:25am. All are welcome to attend.
6. Friday, October 7th is a PD day. There is no school.
7. Just a reminder that all students are required to have a pair of indoor shoes for gym. Thank you.